"Waterwheel, an important project with real impact"
– David Suzuki
Waterwheel Team & Supporters
versión en español
An Australia Council for the Arts fellowship awarded to Suzon Fuks, and project funding for Igneous' "Waterwheel Installation Performance", went in part towards the creation of Waterwheel.
Seed funding and in-kind support have come from:
- Australian Government through the Australia Council for the Arts, its arts funding and advisory body
- Creative Sparks, a joint initiative of Brisbane City Council and The Queensland Government through Arts Queensland
- Judith Wright Centre for Contemporary Arts
- Ausdance Queensland
- Youth Arts Queensland
- iMAL Centre for Digital Cultures & Technologies, Belgium
- Artists who experimented online and gave feedback during development of the Tap interface: Adhere Adegreden Donora, Amin Hammami, Annie Abrahams, Beatrice de Fays, Benjamin Unterman, Carlotta Brunetti, Cherry Truluck, Elizabeth Bryce, Francesco Buonaiuto, Hedva Eltanani, Helen Varley Jamieson, House of Natural Fiber (HONF), Ivan Chabanaud (Selfworld), James Cunningham, Karen Lee Gibbs (Kaz), Katarina Djordjevic Urosevic, Maartje Belmer, Marischka Klinkhamer, Marlena Corcoran, Marloeke van der Vlugt, Miljana Peric, Nathalie Fougeras, Pascale Barret, Rachel Ruckstuhl-Mann, Rama N.Ramachandran, Tara Rebele, Vicki Smith and Vincent Probo.
- Tap Lab Participants in Brussels and Brisbane: Alban van der Straten, Annick Walachniewicz, Antoinette Brouyaux, Arnaud Bilande, Barbara Roland, Emma Che Martin, Emmy Steiner, Eva-Maria Mehler, Kimberley Bianca Warren, Nathen Street, Richelle Spence, Rozina Suliman and Silke Mehler.
- Performance Contributors: Scotia Monkivitch, Sofia Woods, Tembi Contemporary, Mes 56 and members of the UpStage community.
- Peer Reviewers: Jondi Keane, Julie Robson, Keith Armstrong, Maria Chatzichristodoulou aka Maria X, Rebecca Youdell and Russell Milledge.
- Waterwheel Installation Performance Team: Anna Yen, Doug Leonard, Felicity Organ-Moore, James Cunningham, Laura Steiner, Nathen Street, Rozina Suliman and Will Davis.
- Networked performers and platforms around the world, many of whom are mentioned here and here.
- 3WDS12 and 13 symposium partners: University of Sousse (Tunisia), QCA Galleries - Griffith University (Brisbane), Five Colleges (Massachusetts)
- 3WDS14 symposium partners: AR: CEIArtE – UNTREF, IQlab & Reciclarte (Buenos Aires) | AU: Bonemap (Cairns); Inkahoots & Igneous (Brisbane) | DE: Bildungsbüro, Aktionstag (Coburg) | GR: World Water Museum Installation (Athens) | PL: Centre of Contemporary Arts (Torun) & University of Arts, Studio for Transdisciplinary Projects & Research (Poznan) | TN: ESAD Ecole Superieure d'Audiovisuel et de Design | USA: Ear to the Earth (NY); Milk Bar (San Francisco)
- MELD, Greece
- United Nations World Water Day